Here are some tips to get you going if your air conditioning isn’t working.
- Check your thermostat. If it’s digital and the display is blank check the batteries.
- The thermostat should be set with the “Fan” in the “Auto” setting and system switch or button set to cool. Make sure the temperature is set lower than the current temperature in your home or business.
- If you haven’t changed the air filter in the last month, check it. If it is really dirty you should change it and turn the fan to the “on” position for several hours. Then try it again. If there is ice on the line at your air conditioning unit then this could be the cause.
- Check your breakers. There should be two. One is labeled: heat, AH, air handler or furnace. The other is labeled: condenser, AC, air conditioner, compressor or heat pump. If this breaker is popped then you could switch it off then on. You should get your system checked right away.
- (this is a little more technical) if it is accessible, check your condensation switch. It is located at the air handler either on the drain line or in the emergency drain pan. This switch turns your system off if the drain line clogs. You should call to have your system checked to make sure it doesn’t leak.
I hope these help. Give me a call with any questions or for service.